Aston Villa are keen on signing Morgan Rogers and Jonathan Rowe from Middlesbrough and Norwich City respectively, according to a report by the Daily Mail.
Unai Emery wants to bolster his attacking department and has identified the Championship pair as two potential additions.
Here is a look at five other players from the second tier who he should look at as well...
1. Jack Clarke, Sunderland - Sunderland will face a battle to keep hold of the former Leeds United and Tottenham Hotspur man in the future. He has scored 13 goals in all competitions so far this season, two more than he got in the whole of the last campaign already.
2. Jaden Philogene, Hull City - Aston Villa sold the 21-year-old to Hull City on a permanent basis last summer and he has since become the Tigers' main man. However, the Villans hold a buy-back clause, as per BirminghamLive.
3. Crysencio Summerville, Leeds United - He is far too talented to be playing in the Football League and has bags of potential. The Dutchman has found the net on 12 occasions under Daniel Farke and is looking to help Leeds win an immediate return to the Premier League.
4. Willy Gnonto, Leeds United - It is a surprise to still see him on the books at Elland Road. The 20-year-old, who has made 13 caps already for Italy, has a bright future ahead of him in the game.
5. Isaiah Jones, Middlesbrough - The pacey 24-year-old would be a useful addition for Aston Villa as he can play on the wing or at wing-back. He joined Boro in in 2019 after catching the eye in non-league with Tooting & Mitcham United.