Jores Okore; 23; 6’0″ 176lbs; first-choice central defender
At still only an incredibly young twenty-three years of age, it feels like Jores Okore has been around the Villa squad for a decade. The Danish international has teetered in and out of the team sheet ever since tearing an ACL in his first summer with the Aston Villa squad.
When Okore is at his best, he looks like one of the best young central defenders in the world. Injuries and inconsistency prevent this from happening, however, as his form has dipped since the end of the 2014/2015 campaign when he and Ciaran Clark formed a dynamic, young partnership.
More from Claret Villans
- Aston Villa dismiss Everton for first win of Premier League season
- Tyrone Mings injured in Aston Villa’s season-opening 5-1 defeat
- Aston Villa draw Hibernian or FC Luzern for Europa Conference League play-off
- Aston Villa sign winger Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen
- Aston Villa close in on deal to sign Pau Torres from Villareal
Okore’s electric pace help him keep up with the quickest forwards in the world. In addition to his speed, his incredible strength help counteract the ball-playing mistakes he makes as a young central defender.
Jores Okore is my tip for breakout star for Aston Villa in the Championship. His ability to partner with both Tommy Elphick and Ciaran Clark will prove important to the squad.
Next: Ciaran Clark